The famous American actress, singer and model Marilyn Monroe once mentioned that – “Diamonds are a girl’s best friend.” This quote truly expresses the weakness of girls for good quality diamonds worldwide. And why should we restrict this quote to girls only? The sparkle of a diamond is sufficient to bring a genuine smile to the face of onlookers, irrespective of their gender. In engagement ceremonies, which mark the lifelong ties between two individuals, the exchange of diamond rings between the bride and the groom marks the beginning of a new chapter in their life. This tradition of exchange of diamond rings is not a recent one and as far as history goes in 1477 Archduke Maximilian of Austria gave a diamond engagement ring to his bride Mary of Burgundy. However, the discovery of diamond mines in South Africa in the 19th Century marked the beautiful beginning of the use of diamond rings in mainstream wedding ceremonies around the globe.
Categories of diamond engagement rings
The present market of engagement rings, fitted with diamonds, is comprised of various designs and specifications pertaining to diamonds. As the engagement ring portrays the taste and the style statement of an individual, it is very essential to know in detail about the diamond ring one is planning to buy. People who have a flair for diamond rings may choose anything classy from the following styles of engagement rings:
- Solitaire – As the name suggests, it is fitted with only one diamond stone. Though a solitaire diamond ring falls under the category of classic rings but it is a must sought for those individuals who love simple yet elegant styles.
- Cluster – In this design, many small diamond stones are clustered on a ring band to recreate the effect of a single stone. This style is suitable for those who prefer extra sparkle from the diamond ring without compromising their budget.
- Pave – This design is based on the grouping of small diamond stones along with some other gems on the ring band. This design has a feminine appearance.
- Cathedral – The diamond is supported by metal shanks and curved shoulders, resembling the arches of a cathedral. It is considered a classic sophisticated design.
- Halo – A series of stones, placed following the pave design and known as halo stones, is set around the central diamond stone. The halo stones reflect the light falling on them towards the centre stone, causing extra sparkle.
- Oval Halo – This design suits those individuals who follow the popular saying “Size Matters”. Diamonds cut in oval shape exhibit bigger looks in comparison to diamonds cut in other shapes but of the same carat weight.
- Further, the halo arrangement increases the width of the ring.
- Bezel – The diamond is fixed on the ring band with the aid of a metal border. This is considered a secure design of diamond engagement rings.
- Three-Stone – This style is very unique and romantic. The three stones represent the past, present and future. However, few believe that the three pieces of diamond are symbolic of you, me and us – as a family.
- Double Diamond – This style is popular as it speaks for an eternal intimacy between the two partners bonded by love. For a classy appearance, two diamond stones with incongruity in shape are often selected for designing this ring.
The above list is not exhaustive and there are many other unique and breath-taking designs of diamond engagement ring available worldwide.
Custom Engagement Rings at The Diamond Club, Perth
If you are resident of Perth in Australia looking for diamond engagement rings then The Diamond Club is a jewellery store that houses some of the finest collections of diamond engagement rings in Perth available in some unique and impressive design styles. Further, jewellery store also facilitates custom engagement rings where the style of the diamond ring is designed by the customers. Customers can select their favourite design style along with the type of metal for the ring band, the type of diamond and many other aspects, including the price range, of the ring as per their choice. For further queries, interested people can visit the website of The Diamond Club.